Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighters League

+9
OMGTHEEND
ExoStrike
Player6
Desenticus
shot040
Madong
CampsterJ
Adbanced
Slim1676
13 posters

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@

shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ - Page 2 Empty Re: @@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@

Post  shot040 Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:09 am

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ - Page 2 Th_untitled
    lvl 47 + 11 minutes = 58. Right?

Last edited by shot040 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:15 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ - Page 2 Empty Re: @@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@

Post  Slim1676 Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:25 pm

GuiltyFist wrote:Actually, I think that any officer-sponsored events should probably not be participated in by any of the officers... My personal opinion, at least...

So I am withdrawing my time. I will leave it up for pride, but I withdraw my actual participation.
    i dissagree. Officers can participate in my mind all they want. i just restrict it to the creator winning the contest they made. they can participate but it will be unofficial. anybody can participate in my mind. just if the creator wins...theres no gain
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:25 pm

shot040 wrote:@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ - Page 2 C:\Documents and Settings\Alex Lovell\My Documents\DFO\untitled
    how do i put my picture in here? I have the adress of it in the img tags Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
    i upload them to photobucket then, i copy the img tag..thing, then paste is into the post
    Desenticus
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  Desenticus Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Slim1676 wrote:i dissagree. Officers can participate in my mind all they want. i just restrict it to the creator winning the contest they made. they can participate but it will be unofficial. anybody can participate in my mind. just if the creator wins...theres no gain

I agree, as this isn't so much of a military situation, I would have to say officers should be allowed to participate in events. As you stated here, I agree, nobody wins if the creator wins, and not only that, it makes it look like a highly rigged event if the creator of the event wins. Then again, this is also personal opinion from myself, but I just wanted to say that I agree with your point here greatly.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Desenticus wrote:
    Slim1676 wrote:i dissagree. Officers can participate in my mind all they want. i just restrict it to the creator winning the contest they made. they can participate but it will be unofficial. anybody can participate in my mind. just if the creator wins...theres no gain

I agree, as this isn't so much of a military situation, I would have to say officers should be allowed to participate in events. As you stated here, I agree, nobody wins if the creator wins, and not only that, it makes it look like a highly rigged event if the creator of the event wins. Then again, this is also personal opinion from myself, but I just wanted to say that I agree with your point here greatly.

Agrees, I just think we should have a lvl bracket. So we don't have people who have already awakened taking on people who just got their sub-class. lol
    Desenticus
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  Desenticus Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:11 am

True that, there needs to be some sort of ability to keep it at least "somewhat" fair level/skill-wise. I don't know, maybe make it only for like players competing must be within 10 levels of each other or something. I'm just throwing out a random number so you get the idea. You guys would know what is more fair play than I would at this point.

Post  Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:24 am

Desenticus wrote:True that, there needs to be some sort of ability to keep it at least "somewhat" fair level/skill-wise. I don't know, maybe make it only for like players competing must be within 10 levels of each other or something. I'm just throwing out a random number so you get the idea. You guys would know what is more fair play than I would at this point.

Exactly.
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:56 am

R.I.P wrote:
    Desenticus wrote:

Agrees, I just think we should have a lvl bracket. So we don't have people who have already awakened taking on people who just got their sub-class. lol
    great idea! i should do that. ill get working on that 2morow. i ddnt think of that...now that i think of it....i cant believe i ddnt think of that
    Desenticus
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  Desenticus Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:36 am

That's why we have the forums, so we can help each other with our thoughts. Wink

Post  Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:11 am

Actually, I have an idea for this...

Its simple enough: Time+player level (in minutes)-floor achieved (again, in minutes).

This way it will even out fairly well. For example, my time of 9minutes 25 seconds would become...

9:25+45-25=29.

GuiltyFist's time would be 15+32-25=22. this way, in some ways, the lower levels actually have an advantage...

Also, this way getting to a really high level in a really short time would still get you a decent score.
    shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Post  shot040 Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:49 pm

seems kind of flawed, first thing that popped into my head when I read this was to use a low lvl acount and own the thing. although you could divide your lvl by two and add it to your score to perhaps make it a little more fair...

Post  Guest Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:30 pm

Thats the point. A low level account might be able to beat it, but it would take longer. Along with this, beating it with a low level account also shows there was more skill used in the run.

Dividing the level by two wouldnt do anything to change this, a low level account would still have a much larger time, plus a lower level, which would all average out to make it more about skill than just about spamming cube skills on certain levels.
    shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Post  shot040 Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:06 am

Didn't think about that
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:57 pm

GuiltyFist wrote:Actually, I have an idea for this...

Its simple enough: Time+player level (in minutes)-floor achieved (again, in minutes).

This way it will even out fairly well. For example, my time of 9minutes 25 seconds would become...

9:25+45-25=29.

GuiltyFist's time would be 15+32-25=22. this way, in some ways, the lower levels actually have an advantage...

Also, this way getting to a really high level in a really short time would still get you a decent score.
    I was actually thinking this even be4 the contest started but i ddnt really have a way to determine weather or not it was fair. but the way u xplained it, it does in fact seem fair. Im making this an official rule. way to stand up for the low levels krid =D. you did something i was thinking about, but couldnt determine how to do
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:43 pm

now that i do the math. i would say high levels are discouraged with this rule. seemingly impossible to beat guiltyfist's score with my desperado. so i would say this rule is unfair, but i dont mind. not everyone in this guild is ONLY lvl 40-50. im sure almost everybody in teh guild has at least 1 character that is around lvl 30. so this contest is in fact more fair technically than it was before with this new rule. it encourages ppl do use the mid level characters instead which im sure everybody has at least 1 of
    Player6
    Player6
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  Player6 Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:01 am

Just a math update, the equation you have Slim is incorrect.
    You have: Time + Char.LvL - Floor.Lvl
    Should be: Floor.Lvl + Char.LvL - Time

If we want to achieve a higher point, then my equation is correct. Let me give an example:

2 players, both lv.50. Player A finishes in 10 mins. Player B finishes in 8 mins.
    Player A score = 10 + 50 - 25 = 35
    Player B score = 8 + 50 - 25 - 33

So even though Player A finished slower, they achieve a higher score. I hope you enjoyed this math lesson and happy towering Very Happy
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:12 pm

Player6 wrote:Just a math update, the equation you have Slim is incorrect.
    You have: Time + Char.LvL - Floor.Lvl
    Should be: Floor.Lvl + Char.LvL - Time

If we want to achieve a higher point, then my equation is correct. Let me give an example:

2 players, both lv.50. Player A finishes in 10 mins. Player B finishes in 8 mins.
    Player A score = 10 + 50 - 25 = 35
    Player B score = 8 + 50 - 25 - 33

So even though Player A finished slower, they achieve a higher score. I hope you enjoyed this math lesson and happy towering Very Happy
    well, your equation is flawed. These are both equal players, both lvl 50, and both beat the tower on the highest level. its only logical that player B would win. he finished faster. i thought it was all about who has the ~Lower Score~. its like converting time based on ur level and floor. and whenever ur adding something. in this case, its a negative thing. level defenitly must be added. floor achieved on the other hand...its good that u reached the end. that must be subtracted. Time, is the beginning of the equation. The flaw in your equation is taht ur adding the floor level, treating it as a negative factor in your resulting score. it should be subtracted in showing youve lived through the whole tower. so it must be
    Time+level-floor=result
    or
    Time-floor+level=result
    because it doesnt matter what order u add and subtract. as long as ur adding and subtracting the right things. remember the object is to get the lowest score.

@@Remember to check every once in a while incase i update the rules every1@@

Post  Guest Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:53 pm

Slim1676 wrote:now that i do the math. i would say high levels are discouraged with this rule. seemingly impossible to beat guiltyfist's score with my desperado. so i would say this rule is unfair, but i dont mind. not everyone in this guild is ONLY lvl 40-50. im sure almost everybody in teh guild has at least 1 character that is around lvl 30. so this contest is in fact more fair technically than it was before with this new rule. it encourages ppl do use the mid level characters instead which im sure everybody has at least 1 of

This is actually the point. It encourages lower levels to try to complete the tower and makes it more of a challenge for higher levels since, lets be honest, at higher levels it becomes more about which floor to use which attacks rather than survival and skill.

Also, Player, the biggest flaw to your analysis of my equation was that you thought we wanted a higher score, when we actually want a lower score. Player B, with the lower time, would win.

Post  Guest Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:25 am

I've totally not been following how this is working but yes, Lower scores are what we want, similar to how a lower time is better.
    Player6
    Player6
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  Player6 Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:03 am

Aha, lower score is it? Well forget my last post but hopefully the rules are a little more clearer Very Happy
    ExoStrike
    ExoStrike

Post  ExoStrike Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:00 pm

heres my time with my exocist probally could have gone alittle faster @@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ - Page 2 Dfoscreenshot00017
    CampsterJ
    CampsterJ
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  CampsterJ Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:40 pm

Since I am too lazy to read the lst 2 pages I have no idea what's going on. I hit 14 minutes, but...I oculdn't get a screen shot.
    OMGTHEEND
    OMGTHEEND

Post  OMGTHEEND Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:32 am

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ - Page 2 Dfoscreenshot00078

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

after not playing for a while this is the best I could do lol. Im too rusty atm

Last edited by OMGTHEEND on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Post  shot040 Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:42 am

better hurry up fool you only got two days
    shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Post  shot040 Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:13 pm

DAMNIT!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 8:24 am