Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighters League

+9
OMGTHEEND
ExoStrike
Player6
Desenticus
shot040
Madong
CampsterJ
Adbanced
Slim1676
13 posters

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@

Slim1676
    Slim1676

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ Empty @@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@

Post  Slim1676 Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:27 pm

Ok so heres how its gonna happen. This is a contest for solo Tower of Illusion!! I admit me and hbf are too good with eachother cuz we play with eachother everyday....dont u go getting any ideas on the wording of that sentence lol. but anyway, here are the general ideas as to how this will work

[@@@RULES HAVE BEEN UPDATED@@@]

-as noted before this is a SOLO contest
    [@@@UPDATED RULE@@@]-you are aiming for the FASTEST TIME you can do the 25 floors
    [@@@UPDATED RULE@@@]-Your score is determined by this equation. (rounded and in minutes)Time+character level-Floor reached=your score.
    [@@@UPDATED RULE@@@]-YOU ARE AIMING FOR THE LOWEST SCORE, NOT HIGHEST
    -crit potions and the str potions are allowed....hey its your money
    -you MUST print screen your results page, otherwise theres no proof
    -pretty much...anything goes obviously with the exception of hacks
    -you get as many tries until the last day as u want. go for it!

This event ill say can go on until 8/7/2010(as requested by Adbanced). Good luck!

ps. as a iittle bonus with this event, Try to beat me and HBF's time in Tower of Illusion! xD were the record holders in the guild atm for doubles.
    @@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ Dfoscreenshot00004
    good luck with this too

Last edited by Slim1676 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:25 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : clarifying the objective/extending deadline/Krid made a brilliant suggestion)
    Adbanced
    Adbanced
    Admin
    Admin

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ Empty Re: @@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@

Post  Adbanced Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:52 pm

This is awesome Slim. I love it when our officers take initiative to make our guild better! You're the man!

Suggestion:

Can we change the deadline date? to... 8/7/2010? So i can participate? Besides i need to level my gunner to 40 for maximum potential(currently almost 39).

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ Empty Re: @@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@

Post  Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:02 pm

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ Dfoscr12

Yay, improvement since this morning!

Last edited by GuiltyFist on Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Post  Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Slim1676 wrote:Ok so heres how its gonna happen. This is a contest for solo Tower of Illusion!! I admit me and hbf are too good with eachother cuz we play with eachother everyday....dont u go getting any ideas on the wording of that sentence lol. but anyway, here are the general ideas as to how this will work

-as noted before this is a SOLO contest
    -you are aiming for the FASTEST TIME you can do the 25 floors
    -crit potions and the str potions are allowed....hey its your money
    -you MUST print screen your results page, otherwise theres no proof
    -pretty much...anything goes obviously with the exception of hacks
    -you get as many tries until the last day as u want. go for it!

This event ill say can go on until next week friday. thats the 30th. Good luck!

ps. as a iittle bonus with this event, Try to beat me and HBF's time in Tower of Illusion! xD were the record holders in the guild atm for doubles.
    @@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ Dfoscreenshot00004
    good luck with this too

So, with all that being said.... Is this Solo only or Doubles & Solo if you and HB are running it together ?
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:36 pm

this is just a solo contest. the doubles thing is just a little added bonus. its not part of the contest. we were challenged and we delivered lol. and adbanced sure thing, i can extend the deadline for u. MORE TRIES FOR EVERYONE lol

Post  Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:37 pm

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ 292b5sk

I was on 24 when I died. >_<

It's still my best (Solo) though.
    CampsterJ
    CampsterJ
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  CampsterJ Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:22 am

Where do you find the picture when you use print screen what if it doesn't work?

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:23 am

You can find the picture in the DFO folder under My Documents...
    At least, thats how it is for me.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:55 am

Here's mine

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ TowerTimeuncropped

Got all the way through, Derange and Raging Fury work wonders in this thing
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:49 pm

good job so far guys. keep trying! come up with strategies on some rooms! resereve some cube skills for some and some for others! i apologies for the lower level characters not being able to do this. =) but cmon all u high level ppl. show me what uve got. i still havnt posted a time yet! lol. ill do that a little later

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:58 pm

For the level that I am at.. I think I did quite well for the stage I got to.

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:24 pm

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ Dfoscr15

BACK IN THE LEAD!

Post  Guest Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:19 pm

GuiltyFist wrote:@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ Dfoscr15

BACK IN THE LEAD!

Nope, because Slim's was under 8 minutes. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! (had to burst your bubble) =D

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:00 am

Slim's was WITH HBForever... Which means, for the solo tower contest, I am still in the lead.

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:21 am

GuiltyFist wrote:Slim's was WITH HBForever... Which means, for the solo tower contest, I am still in the lead.

Oh, okay. lol

I think we need to do doubles... It'd be more fun. =D
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:16 am

just u wait. im alot more capable without him then u may think. lol *evil face* xD

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:23 am

Slim1676 wrote:just u wait. im alot more capable without him then u may think. lol *evil face* xD

Oh, I'm not saying you aren't.. I just think it's more fun and more fair. (Mainly for the lowbies such as myself)

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:55 am

Hahaha... Yeah, this will definitely be dominated by the higher level characters... And crap, Slim, You will probably kick our asses with SCUD Genocide and all.

Cheap ranger tactics!
    Madong
    Madong

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ Empty lol

Post  Madong Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:39 pm

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ Dfoscr10

= =;;;;
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:30 pm

well...too bad i cant afford to wait to use scud genocide. i dont feel like spending more than 2 minutes in one room just to do my awakening. Along with that, i struggled with tower at first, it helps develop different strategies cuz of all its scenarios. the thing about the tower is that u MUST spam the appropriate skills for each room...kinda. reserve the right cube skills for the right room. spitfires i can see thats a problem...spitfires arnt meant to take on hordes of enemies....xept with sniper. launchers are of course meant for mobs, but can do just as well against single enemies. rangers, sure they might be the worst pve class in most peoples eyes including mine. but they have skills for every situation. which helps a lot. Oh and btw, i always keep 100 crit potions on me for anything i may need..and for tower speed runs. good to use them nonstop whenever the effect wears off. constant crits helps alot, and its also allowed. and i admit, its for the higher leveled people. in my opinion, level 40+, but if u think u can still beat the times or get a decent one by all means, go for it!!

ps. there are still things about the tower that i dotn know. like how the balance system works. i know for a fact, the more people in a party, the more hp the enemies have. but i dont know about lower level players...i havnt tested that yet.

Post  Guest Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Lol, I dont have a screencap of it cause it didnt beat Krid's time, but i just got about 30 higher time than him. Berserkers are prett good at PVE stuff, assuming we can keep up our HP.
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:47 pm

well... i came into some minor setbacks but..

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ Dfoscreenshot00008

i managed to beat krid =D but there is a real problem if the creator of the contest wins...so ill just say. technically im winning, but i dont allow myself to be winning. atm Krid is still in first place in the contest. i dont believe the creator of the contest is allowed to win

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:26 am

MUST HAVE BEST TIME!

Damn you Slim! I have the placement of all my skills on every floor memorized, yet you still beat me?!? Damn you to hell!

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:56 am

Actually, I think that any officer-sponsored events should probably not be participated in by any of the officers... My personal opinion, at least...

So I am withdrawing my time. I will leave it up for pride, but I withdraw my actual participation.

Post  Guest Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:22 am

@@OFFICIAL TOWER OF ILLUSION CONTEST HAPPENING HERE@@ 2egbbk2

New score.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 6:53 pm