Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighters League

4 posters

killbot's final blademaster destination

killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

killbot's final blademaster destination Empty killbot's final blademaster destination

Post  killbot Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:58 am

Introduction

whats with the upcoming wall of text? here is my position! rather than post about blademasters in other threads that are not entirely related, i will share my BM experience here and here alone and then tell people to come here if they have me a question. At the same time, i can post here NOT AS A GUIDE but as an open thread about the class and how it has treated me. any input is appreciated but not necessary, this is half for me and half for the people to come after who want details about someone elses journey with a BM.

The weapon choice post is all about the mastery part of a BM. You learn really early that getting a mastery matters. A BM without one is like a Berserker without gore cross or mountainous wheel. I think I made that post mostly for upcoming BM to get a better taste of the types of weapons. Obviously I have my biased opinions so just keep that all in mind. I hope I can save someone some effort of looking endlessly through nexon forums for the info.

The skills section is more of an open discussion. Everyone has various uses for skills and the way I use them varys greatly to the next person. Honestly I tried to be as open minded on this part for possible benefits and whatnot, but im definitely going to speak what I think of the skill. Again, open discussion! Wave wheel is not my friend XD

I wanted to talk tactics as well, but after writing everything I realized that the basics were covered in all of the words, and the advanced stuff probably deserves its own thread… or at least a specific post for each encounter.

I will save a post spot specifically for item related stuff. I have a lot of looking around to do before I feel comfortable to even post a discussion on a shaky question about items, but I do plan on sharing my discoveries at some point in the future!

Anyways, enjoy my time and effort! This managed to fend off boredom for a few hours!
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

killbot's final blademaster destination Empty Re: killbot's final blademaster destination

Post  killbot Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:59 am

Weapon Choices

As a blade master you will end up getting at least one sword mastery… that’s what I was told, and its absolutely true. One of the perks to a BM is that you get worthwhile bonuses to swords that you are mastered in. each type of blade has its own particular uses, and your play style will change dramatically depending on what you go for. I thought that was a bunch of mumbo jumbo until I picked up a mastery that wasn’t light saber and found out for myself! So anyway, the type of sword you use is so important that it gets its own section!

Beam Sword – a.k.a. the light saber! Seems that all blade masters get this lovely mastery, I was also drawn in by the star wars reference. This mastery was definitely designed for pvp, or really tricky boss fights! I love my beam sword! But honestly I tend to eat a lot of damage when I use my saber (compared to my zanbato) simply because I end up spending a lot of time running around the enemy at risk of being hit by something. Of course that’s a boss fight thing… and bosses are crazy! In pvp when the mobility of this class helps me out I actually tend to avoid getting hit, and I can usually be the one to land a combo! So for pve I try to use this more for tricky bosses, groups of shooters (because being slow means getting shot… just like IRL), and anything that casts a ground skill (for the ability to move OUT of it)

First thing, the SST(Secret Slayer Technique) for this blade is like an all around “defense” or a half assed juggle move. Your sword splits in two and you swing two blades as opposed to one, causing a total of six hits in three swings. First swing seems to draw enemies in, second one knocks em down and the third one bounces them just enough for up slash to be able to launch them into the air. At the same time, if you have someone falling in front of you, if you time it right you can stall them in the air with SST for more juggling with up slash, but that trick is hard to do. In pve, if my saber is equipped and I can’t see myself I usually just keep swinging it, its relatively good at keeping people down/away. The big problem comes from enemies who like to lay down, only the first and third swing will hit them… and that’s tedious.

Secondly, the ever important buffs that change everything for a BM!

At mastery lv3 you get a bonus to thrust that fires off a laser wave. Honestly this is just meh. It helps hit the enemy in the y direction and causes a little more damage, but its not worth thrusting all night just because you can. And in pvp when you thrust.. you die. Its too huge of an opening for your opponent to kill you!

At level 5 you get an AMAZING buff to triple slash, instead of 3 hits you get 5. and on the fifth you launch the person hit in the air. If you can manage to land a clean fifth hit then you are set up for a REALLY good combo. Also, having five slashes and a very fast weapon means you can get around the playing field VERY quickly! This is a huge trick when im playing with a saber cause most enemies with super armor moments take a half second before they strike, which allows me to triple slash to the other side of them or just simply clear of their attack. In pvp people just cant seem to hit me when im switching direction so dang much (doin a back and forth with the person in the middle) I never doubted the awesomeness of this skill, and having a cancel for it is absolutely essential! Oh yeah, two extra strikes on dragon slash too if I remember correctly, something that katana mastery doesn’t get! But I don’t yet have that skill and will have to make some kind of update on it =)

At level 7 you get a bonus to draw sword and raging dragon slash. Basically an electrocution effect for both which is nice, but more importantly the damage bonus and extra attack on draw sword! In pvp it’s a great way to finish off an enemy who is going to run at you from off screen, if you miss the first you might land the second slash and that will set you up for a decent combo if you have the right skills ready. In pve I find Draw sword hard to fire off because I always get hit while charging it, but the damage output from the 2x slash is so awesome that I frequently try. Bah I will fully discuss draw sword in the skills part! As for the second hit and electrocution, good stuff for a cube skill.

a-sooooo the untimate key to this mastery is speed. Fast weapon, fast attack, fast combo, fast hit recovery and fast movement. Your super armor moments are garbage and chances are that you’ll spend your time doing hit and runs. Great for tricky bosses and pvp, but hard on the HP (and MP) when it comes to regular stuff due to the close nature of the beast.

Bludgeon – this big stick is the defensive cousin to the offensive pvp weapon… the light saber! Had I decided to take on two masteries from the start you might actually see me with this AND the back step skill! From what I understand the whole purpose of this mastery is to bounce people off the ground and juggle the crap out of em! That’s really appealing, I know, I know…. But looking at my build late in the game I realized this option was not available to me! I spent my early days using guard thinking that it made back step obsolete so I pursued a build that didn’t incorporate back step. Oh well! Less mobility but more control than the light saber methinks. here comes my discussion

The SST for this stick is hilarious to watch! Its four very aggressive swings toward the midsection of your opponent with the final swing throwing them away from you, possibly opening up a combo or something. It’s nice XD

At mastery lv3 you get a shockwave effect when your back step cutter lands a hit. This is one of the key things to the mastery as far as I can tell! The shockwave launches your opponent into the air which opens up a chance for an up slash, charge crash, ghost slash, etc etc! honestly I think this skill would be abuseable in pvp, just back step cutter until you make a hit and then start bouncing and owning. But I don’t know cause I didn’t get to take this mastery T-T

At mastery lv5 you get a downward slash to charge crash that also makes a shockwave. If its anything like the zanbato bonus which sounds EXACTLY the same, then its AMAZING! Charge crash in general for non defensive weapons is pretty awesome for launching and damaging and keeping a combo going, but for Zan and Blud it’s a combo finisher for sure. The downward slash damages for ridiculous amounts and so does the 2nd hit aka the shockwave. I found the down hit hard to learn because I was stupid, but for anyone who has trouble… just hold down the charge crash until the down strike happens lol, no need for a 2nd push or w/e. I think the lesson here is combo finisher more than combo starter… my only question lies in the difference between this one and zanbato. Does the shockwave from bludgeon launch enemies? And does it generate an extended super armor moment like the zanbato?

Mastery lv7 seems really useless to me, but I could be wrong. Maybe it was intended to make ashe fork obsolete? Anyway, when you jump attack and land a hit you generate a shockwave (SURPRISE) that does what shockwaves do best with the bludgeon. As an ashe fork replacement im sure this is great, but if you have ANY other mastery you will likely have ashe fork anyway… its one of those skills that I couldn’t live without.

That’s what I understand about bludgeon, and honestly I wish I had of been able to get this mastery. If there’s anything wrong or out of place just mention it, but the juggle/defensive aspect of this mastery is the key. Keep your enemies on the ground to avoid being hit, and when you get scared just back step cutter until something good happens =P

Zanbato – THIS is my second mastery! I had not planned to dual mastery until someone pointed out some benefits and I got to thinking… after checking out my build in full I realized I could squeeze in either katana or zanbato. Since katana plays very similarly to lightsaber I decided to go with the defensive pve weapon at level 37. honestly, I love it! I actually save HP pots now and MP is always full! The big bonus to this mastery comes in the form of extended amounts of super armor and a ton of range. The downside to this mastery is its god awful slowness. If I run into an enemy who is super quick, casts a ground attack or a large group of shooters I am forced to use my light saber to keep my damage taking as low as possible.

The SST for this weapon is its biggest asset. Two swings, the second one granting super armor, having ridiculous hit area and range, and knocking anything it touches out of screen. When I enter a dungeon and I am at a part where zanbato isn’t going to get me killed, I just use this combo, atk> atk>SST>SST>charge crash or triple slash or up slash>ghost slash. Its really basic and gets kind of boring, but you never let your enemy get close enough to hit you and you save those precious HP pots. In pvp it’s a nice switch to the light saber because you can reach people from a distance that no other weapon for slayer can reach. I use that to make people feel uncomfortable and then I switch back to light saber and surprise them with an incredibly fast combo. Bah off topic again! The SST is insane, just go try it out with a greatsword and judge for yourself!

At mastery lv3 you get a shockwave from guard when you block an attack… now I haven’t noticed much in the line of a typical shockwave but the massive blue spinney thing that appears in front of me tells me that I have a stun to open a combo or charge crash. Yeah that’s right a stun XD 1.5 seconds of open combat! I am of course heavy on the guard at times, so this skill is a benefit for me (even more than back step cutter I think) I have yet to see this effect happen when Auto Guard blocks a hit though, so it may not happen unless I use guard myself.

Mastery lv5 ashe fork gets a multi hit and super armor effect! Again, for me this is a huge skill because I love ashe fork! Bonus damage is excellent and being able to complete the knockdown no matter what is worth its weight in gold for me. When I light saber ashe fork and get knocked out of the air… nothing enrages me more.

Mastery lv7 grants a downward slash to charge crash. Like I said in the bludgeon effect, its AMAZING! Super armored combo finishing doom! And you wont piss people off cause its not a cube skill…. Right? The only problem I have had is with the people who recover really fast from a hit and either run away or block or whatever while I am charging the down strike.

Yep, so again this mastery is all about having awesome range, great knockback ability, and the super armor moments that help you get through the day. It saves me potions because nobody gets close enough to actually hit me, and the main combo only used 4 mana for SST and a little bit more for the odd charge crash or whatever… plus its too slow to use a lot of mana really fast.

Short Sword – nobody uses this one I think. I don’t know much about the mastery either aside from the basic “oh that would be useful for this” thoughts. I think its only sub par because the other masteries are so much better and suited for slayers. Short sword was designed for a BM to juggle in the air with some defense and movement to spare… however the defense and movement is not overly extreme and you end up with an “all around ok but still meh” feeling.

SST… umm I think its three slashes with the third one launching the enemy in the air, setting you up for a juggle.

Mastery lv3 you get a second hit to up slash. Honestly this would be good against those enemies who don’t like to launch. Pick em up and then fire up to the moon.

Mastery lv5 you get a counterattack and stun to guard. I like the option the same as I like the option for zanbato.

Mastery lv7 you get a fifth strike to raging dragon slash but NOT triple slash. So you get a little mobility but not like a light saber.

Honestly the “all around” feel to this mastery scares me. This game likes you to be all out kill or all out defend, not a jack of all trades. Maybe someone can use this mastery well, but I’m just not that big of a fan.

Katana – ahh the katana, the one mastery that makes good use of aerial chain slash! DFO wiki describes this class as aerial masters… I beg to differ but compared to other BM masteries I cant really form a good argument against it. Slayers jump as good as a short fat balding white guy in pro basketball… not really impressive. So that puts this mastery’s specialty into question. Unless you get the leap skill maxed out on top of aerial chain slash… but that is a HUGE cost on SP and it makes me think “is it really worth it?” One other factor in me not picking this as my second mastery is the fact that it looks like a light saber mastery but only partially as good. So I will go over a comparison as I speak about this mastery.

SST for this weapon is four horizontal slashes. It’s the longest chain of SST but it lacks a certain pizzaz you know? No puchback, launch, or double sword. I can see it as useful for pve with the combo atk>atk>sst>sst>sst>sst repeated over and over again. The lack of a knockdown means you can slash until the guy dies and not have to worry about him laying down or launching or whatever. I could be wrong on this one, but I know it looked sub-par.

Mastery lv3 you get your aerial bonus damage and the AMAZING katana skills, definitely a slayers best aerial slash! Against those jumpy people I would see a great bonus. Compared to the light sabers thrust bonus it looks even better

Mastery lv5 I THINK you get triple slash 5 strikes… but NOT raging dragon. Am I right? Not entirely sure. If I am right then its sub light saber in quality, if I am not correct then it’s a direct copy.

Mastery lv7 you get a second hit to draw sword and a bleed effect. I don’t see anything about a bleed effect to raging dragon though so again I feel like it’s a touch of a rip off while light saber laughs in the corner.

So as you can see, katana is like a slightly less fast light saber with a stronger aerial capability. I think for those who want two masteries but not a lot of change they will prefer this mastery over a bludgeon or zanbato. The trick is in the air XD with a half assed light saber feel (which is actually still pretty good) maybe combined with bloodlust this one would be good?

So that’s that! The weapon you choose defines your play style I think. Sabers are for speed and mobility, bludgeons for knockdowns and defense, zanbato for reach and defense, short sword for “all around” feel, and katana for aerial style saber rip off feel. I ended up with saber and zanbato and I would recommend it to anyone! Either that, or saber and bludgeon. Depends on if they want pve versatility or pvp versatility. To me bludgeon feels more pvp defense and zanbato feels more pve defense.

Of course, feel fee to flame or vent an opinion/rant. I would like to learn any more fine details to further advance my expertise in the class >=D
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

killbot's final blademaster destination Empty Re: killbot's final blademaster destination

Post  killbot Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:59 am

Skill Talk

Yep here we go! Im going to talk my mind on each and every skill for a BM that I know about. Feel free to correct me or advocate a skill or deny my praise. In the end I will learn something, or you will learn something, or some random new BM will learn something. For those of you who are curious, the link below is my skills that I use. Yours will be different. I will explain my reasoning for the skills that I have

http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/?class=blademaster#150:uFjvVj9PbuBfuLbuIfuQbuOkuRbvUbvXbuEkvOkvBbwRbuDjvNguHhuJlwSiwWbwTbwXdxQb

Up Slash – this skill is one of those staples in slayers. A basic low cooldown slash that launches your enemy in the air to make for a combo. You get level 1 of this skill no matter what, and I doubt many people would argue the importance of getting the cancel for it! Safe to level it to 5? Yeah! Personally I like having it at level 10! Gaining the extra height in the slash opens up ghost slash for me (cause I have to press up + skill) or lets me position myself slightly better for a charge crash or even for the light sabers SST. I know I use this skill a ton as a BM and hardly at all on my SB and almost NEVER on my zerker (yet). Its actually a really decent opening skill for when you get knocked down and your opponent is standing on you. It likes to beat a lot of super armor.

Up Slash Cancel – this lets you QUICKLY use up slash, and yes, its essential! Its actually a great way to save yourself when your stuck in a follow through on ghost slash or on a big weapon swing when you miss. Not much more to say about it… it adds speed.

Rapid Weapon Switch – starter skill for BM, less downtime when switching weapons to be able to switch back. Its nice when your in pvp and you want to throw in a zabanto hit and run just to mess up your opponent. No SP cost means no controversy.

Beam Sword Lisence – lets you use beam swords and is a starter skill. So w/e, BM get their own special weapon!

Weapon Wielders Zenith – also a starting skill, adds a point to any mastery you take except light sabers. This makes early non-saber development more appealing, so knowing if your going for a second mastery or not early on DOES pay off in a small way.

Guard – ahh guard! I liked this skill right from day 1. I wasn’t overly fond of backstep in my early days and guards ability to negate a recorded hit helped with GSD quests. I know if your going to get guard you are better off getting guard cancel as well, so if you spend SP for one level, you might as well spend enough for 3 levels and get the cancel. The question comes when you want level 5. are you doing auto-guard or not? If you are, then your going to lv5. If not, then your question is if you want 60% or 80% physical damage reduction? Honestly I think that depends on how heavy you use it. If your on guard all the time then maybe 5 is the right skill level, if you use it to occasionally nullify a hit, then 3 and a cancel is probably sufficient. If your used to back step being your defense skill then maybe you wont even bother with this one at all. I think that’s about all the consideration needed for the skill isn’t it? My opinion is that it’s essential.

Guard Cancel – if you have guard and not the cancel then you fail. The attack you want to block ALWAYS happens in the middle of your longest follow through, so you need a cancel to offset that and block the shot.

Thrust – adds a second jab to a running thrust. I have this skill at level 1 just to have it. I find thrust hard to aim and it causes a death moment in pvp. At level 20 it has the same amount of kill as ghost slash level 10 or so… but think of the SP cost to do that. Maybe when combined with the light saber bonus in pve?? I doubt it even then… I say if you take it, just put in one point. I don’t have it on any other slayer I play.

Tripple Slash – the one skill every SLAYER shouldn’t ever be without! To top it off, blade masters need it the most! I think you MIGHT get away with a level 1 in this skill if you use zanbato and bludgeon, but if you take on lightsaber, katana or short sword you are ripping yourself off if you don’t take it to level 5 for the cancel. This skill gets you into fights, out of fights, out of trouble, into trouble, it does everything. Its three to five slashes depending on your mastery, and each slash advances you a distance. With a fast weapon you can chase people down who are trying to run away, and its especially good to slice you out of a bad position. its definitely one of those staple moves for offensive masteries. I question putting its skill level higher than 5 however. It doesn’t seem like a wise placement of SP considering that having more skills is better than having better skills (for the most part).

Tripple Slash Cancel – if you cant run away when you need to run away, then you will die. If you cant change your mind when you want to change your mind you will be frustrated. As a blade master I think it is essential to have triple slash cancel.. even if its JUST for getaways. The only argument might come from zanbato and bludgeon masters who are naturally slow to begin with… but I still think they don’t have a leg to stand on!

Ashe Fork – you jump, then you use this skill and drive your blade into the ground causing a shockwave that knocks people down. I have this skill at level one and I use it almost every time I use triple slash and I use it often in pvp and other situations when I just want people to lay down. Some people on the nexon forums say level 10 it gets really good, but honestly I see this as more of a utility skill as opposed to a killer skill, seeing as its % based damage scales poorly. Possibly the hardcore zanbato BM’s might want this skill higher due to the multi hit bonus they have, but people like me who have zanbato as an option as opposed to the method… just doesn’t seem worth the points!

WEAPON MASTERYS – one mastery is essential, two masteries seems wise but not necessary. If you haven’t seen my post on these skills then go check it out. The way you play and build your BM depends greatly on this! Some people question going to level 10 with masterys and suggest saving SP for other skills by only going as far as you need to for the bonuses… personally I like the idea of a full +20% damage as opposed to +14% or +10%. Plus the +5% hit chance =)

Aerial Chain Slash – I got this skill and wish I didn’t. the only way people should get this skill is if they also pick up leap, or they are into katana mastery. 100sp is not something you want to just throw away for a lame skill that is hardly ever used. Bludgeons get a bonus to jump attacks but they CANT USE this one. No katana, no aerial chain slash!

Tempered Attack – reduces durability loss by a certain percentage. This is a money saver, and if your heavy on overdrive it’s a weapon saver. Overdrive increases durability reduction by over 200% so to have this offset helps save your precious beam sword for the final boss. I question getting this skill after I got a second mastery. Im light on overdrive and I only use my beam sword like half a dungeon. If you stay on top of repairs then having two swords on the go will almost guarantee one of them to be useable for a boss fight. I would say its essential for overdriven mono-masteries, but for a double mastery who barely uses overdrive… I could have used the SP in a different area.

Back Step Cutter – well here it is! I hate back step when guard is available. So I never got this skill. However, if you are a back step lover, and you are also into bludgeons, then this skill is a FANTASTIC place to spend some SP. Every back step loving blade master loves this skill for one reason or another, and if I was bludgeon I would have it for its awesomeness.

Secret Slayer Technique – get this skill or play a ranger or something.

Auto Guard – this skill is one of those hot topics. Some people love it for what it is, and some people hate it for the same reason, or for the amount of SP to get there. Personally, as a guard kinda guy, it seemed like a natural skill to get. I was cautious at first about it because of the people who hated it so much, but once I dove in I found out just how much I loved it! With the guard buff on and overdrive kickin I end up feeling like a super soldier! Whats better is that you always hear the “PING” when it works, so you always get a good idea of just how greatly it saved you. On boss fights you usually get the one BIG skill followed by other crap. When you are goin to town trying to kill and you hear a PING from that ultra move and you get to keep going… that’s when you realize how much you love the skill. Maxed out it has a 45% chance to work, and right now my love comes from a 25% chance. In pvp it’s a little less effective, you get the ping but people generally don’t stop attacking. It HAS opened up a combo or getaway for me, and it HAS helped save me from a couple hardcore kill skills. I can imagine the people crying on the other end when I block the draw sword that would have killed me =) this skill is definitely questionable for some people though, so im interested in what other people think.

Overdrive – this is the crit buff for blademasters. Honestly I think I could do without this skill, but at the same time the crit bonus is noticeable when I am in a huge group and im SST with my beam sword. I stopped leveling this one at level 6 (10% more crit) to save SP for some other stuff. Is maxed really worth it? I am so light on this skill that I doubt it would be worth it. Feels like a pve skill. Actually with the awakened passive this skill would turn out to be even better! I should get used to using it more!

Flip Side Counter – a passive ability that up slashes people who attack your ass! I have this skill and plan on maxing it. 20% chance to launch a back attack at all times sounds like a great pvp AND pve skill to me. I will say that if you don’t plan on maxing it then don’t bother going for it, at level 1 and 2 and 3 it felt like a waste of time, but as the levels increased I noticed it get better and better, and its now a somewhat common occurrence to see someone go flying when I didn’t do something to make it happen lol. I’m all about those chance things though, should make a witch!

Draw Sword – the first cube skill! And unfortunately for some pvp rooms it’s one of our best skills. If you have read the mastery section you will know when this skill is absolutely essential and when its just a great skill to have! In pvp its great for its Y axis range, when running from off screen I like to pop this one, most people don’t see it coming and get owned by its MASSIVE damage. In PvE its very very hard to fire off sometimes, but when it does go you tend to see a good portion of enemies turn into chunky chunks. This skill needs to be maxed out, it scales its damage like crazy sitting at 687% damage at level 11… plus the second hit plus lightning chance plus the 150% bonus if your light saber masteried. Unless you plan to non-cube pvp… GET IT

Charge Crash – this skill is a staple in any Blade Masters armory. For zanbato and bludgeon it gets the bonus down slash that counts as first degree murder, and for the saber and mobil classes it adds a launch, speed, and a nice mid combo damage deal. Personally I find it scales well for damage and should be maxed out like draw sword, but I bet there are people who think its only good until you get the cancel or even just at level one.

Charge Crash Cancel – I cant wait to get this skill so that I can combo it into my zanbato style. Atk>atk>sst>sst>charge crash! However, I am doing well enough without this skill that I can see people getting all up in arms over it as well. Especially non defensive mastery BMs. Like all other cancels, its designed to help speed up the process, and with light saber skills being ultimate in speed, and zanbato needing as much speed as it can get… just a smart move on my part. Anyone feel differently on this one?

Illusion Sword Dance – have you ever seen this skill? I saw it on youtube and it made me give DFO a second chance and made me want a BM. Its damage looks crazy and I think it would finish off any opponent caught in it. I wont even describe it here, just go check it out on video and you tell ME how awesome it is! I will FIND a way to make this skill work if I have to!

ULTIMATE SLAYER SKILL: IRON SRIKE – the passive awakening skill that lowers enemy defense on a critical strike. Team this with overdrive and I think you have a recipe for killing. The effects stack and last ten seconds so I would imagine this skill is best suited for light saber SST mashing in huge groups. Pvp goodness probably applies too, but not like pve. If your hardcore into pvp you might not want this skill, but my BM is a (I hate saying it) hybrid. I would be interested in hearing from anyone if this skill is actually terrible. Depending on how the game mechanics work with armor it might actually be awful.

ULTIMATE SLAYER SKILL: SWORD STORM – monster AOE skill for the blade master. Looks slow to start it off but looks deadly for whoever is in it. I think its designed more for pve than pvp. I know I would just triple slash OUT of there if I saw it going down. I would like to hear about this one too =/ I don’t plan on getting it at this time.

Gore Cross – this is a staple for zerkers, but as a blademaster it just seems meh. Just isn’t quite as good without the turbo bleed of the zerker. Its two attacks followed by a bloody cross that moves foreward.

Mountainous Wheel – honestly, I debate about this skill every time I see it. Having a leap INTO a decent attack or a leap OUT might be very useful, especially with zanbato. Im playing a zerker to see just how awesome it is and I will pass judgment on it later. If I find a button for it on my game pad I will likely get it.

Bloodlust – suck in a juggled enemy who your not able to juggle any more and blast him half across the room where you have room to set up something deadly with your str buff. Seems like a good finisher. The only problem I have with it is the low attack and the little str buff at level 1. you would have to max it to get anything good from it I would assume… As a blade master…

Ghost Slash – THIS skill is MY finisher. When I cant juggle any more I ghost the enemy away from me. It’s a huge magical slash that does decent damage. Most people probably don’t level it and leave it at 1 (starter skill), but I have it maxed at 10. what I like most is that it will hit an enemy on the ground, so if I’m late to cast it.. who cares!

Kazan – this ghost gives a STR buff when you stand in his circle. Honestly, if you pair this with a defensive weapon you might see some great results. I doubt its potency with pvp as well as with how much you will be moving with light sabers and the offensive masteries. I think a SB player who makes a BM would do well with this skill at 5.

Moonlight Slash – without the soul bender “full moonlight slash” this skill seems poor at best. Two slashes in a crescent motion, the second launching your opponent into the air. Maybe a juggler or short sword BM would make great use of this skill as a finisher? The lack of a cancel also hinders its quality for BM.

Hazey Eyed Bremen – decreases magical defense and abnormal status tolerances of enemies in the ghost circle. Since BM barely have any of that I cant see how that’s useful.

Neutral Wave Sword – this skill blasts an area in front of you and pushes enemies away. I know of some pve use for this skill but its not exactly essential. Again, no cancel limits its benefit and it has a follow through that would totally mess up my speed =) someone will argue this with me I think lol

Spirit Crescent – charge up an energy wave that advances and attacks enemies. Again, this skill would seriously hurt the flow of speed in playing. Its small pushback and its range would be useful in PvE but hardly useful in PvP given the lack of a freeze with BM.

Wave Wheel Slasher – we all know that I see no need for this skill, but I always say that some people would die without it! A very useful immortality moment plus some crazy aoe damage make this skill great. Im also told it’s a good grab skill. I use it with my slayers when I leveled them up and on my asura.. but… that’s it. It has a cancel too so you might want to see it as a finisher.

Wave Wheel Slasher Cancel – if you like wave wheel enough maybe this skill would work out well to help it find a place in a combo.

Quick Rebound – press the jump button while knocked down to avoid enemy attack. For 10 SP I cant see any reason to NOT have this skill. I have avoided a ton of ground damage because I decided to sit up =)

Back Step – step back to avoid enemy attack. Like I mentioned, I’m not a fan of this skill. Some people use it well though and swear by it! It would be absolutely essential to get this and its cancel if you master in bludgeon for the back step cutter shockwave.

Back Step cancel – if you can’t jump out of the way in time then you will be hit, so this skill is an essential part of the back step family. I wouldn’t bother with back step if i didn’t get the cancel.

Leap – bonus jump time for a set duration. If you are katana mastery then you will probably like this skill I would assume. Slayers can’t jump very well and the help would be nice for the aerial chain slash bonus of katana. If your anything else avoid aerial chain slash and leap because its really just not worth the time or SP.
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  killbot Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:00 am

Future Item Related Information
    shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Post  shot040 Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Impressive.
    kuma0121
    kuma0121
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  kuma0121 Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:38 pm

very informative Very Happy just finished reading the whole thing and now i think i can understand BMs alot better! i didnt like BMs in the beginning... like them just a tad bit better... but not enough to make me want one xD unless illusion sword dance is just tat amazing... would have to go look at it myself.
    shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Post  shot040 Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:12 am

you shouldn't really choose a class based on one skill choose a class based on your playing style
    airmax65
    Elite
    Elite

Post  airmax65 Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:31 pm

replica designer bags Fashion bags
    designer inspired handbags I quite like
    air max 2012 My favorite that he
    nike shox turbo Variety of styles
    men puma shoes Believe quality of his
    air max 90 Love the shoes
    wholesale puma shoes Oh super cool
    puma shoes sale Bought a lot of
    timberland mens boots Waiting for
    gucci women shoes Ah variety of styles
    louis vuitton outlet Look good in recent

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:45 am