Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighters League

3 posters

Blade master

shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Blade master Empty Blade master

Post  shot040 Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:36 am

Or is it weapon master? IDK but after posting on siird's soul bender post I guess I need to get some input for the BM I'm making. It's going to be solely PVP based so ya tell me what I need to know. sunny sunny sunny study study study flower flower flower
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Blade master Empty Re: Blade master

Post  killbot Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:25 pm

dont quote me on this, but blademaster is the legitimate name for the class and weapon master refers to those blademasters who take on multiple weapon mastery.

purely pvp? that places you into katana or lightsaber since the two major moves for pvp get buffed with those masterys (draw sword and tripple slash). katana bleeds on draw sword and saber electricutes, they both make tripple slash have 5 slashes. katana makes aerial strike do multiple strikes (for me, not essential, cause i always ashe fork) and lightsabers improve thrust (great for pve but leaves a huge opening in pvp to be killed). my suggestion is to avoid choosing a mastery until you figure out which one makes Secret Slayer Technique more appealing for you. i picked lightsaber.

look at the effects for the other two masterys though, if you are a highly defensive person you might like those ones but the general idea is that they are for lol and not for serious. i dont like the SST on bludgeons at all, hate hate hate! oh, but yeah they are also great for pve somehow... but i have had little problem using a lightsaber, i like the "very fast" aspect of it. i guess if you want the element of suprise you could trick your opponents with a weird defensive mastery... but that would probably only work WELL on noob/intermediates.

if you dont plan to use a katana, consider NOT getting aerial strike, the amount of time you spend in the air is only enough to hack out one slice with a lightsaber. it might be differant with the leap skill but... im not going to waste SP on that YET. thats the one skill i question myself on, but everyone has that one skill they wish they didnt get lol

well, another thing, if you only plan to pvp, only get one mastery. by dumping a mastery you could opt for a full out pvp skill like flip side or autoguard.

this link here is what i am going for with my BM, notice the extra SP. it is a purely skeleton skill build with the ESSENTIAL skills that i think you couldnt even pve without.

http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/?class=blademaster#150:uFjvVj9PbuBfuLbuIfuQbuRbvUbvXbuEkvOkvBbwRbvNguJlwSiwWbwTbwXdxQb

-ghost strike 10 is a preference for me, its treated me well.
    -overdrive at 6 cause i like double digit numbers (crit chance). i pop that to start a fight
    -if you go beam sword then thrust is nice for the pve aspect you will HAVE to do.
    -guard is 5, you could go 3 or get back step.
    -charge crash, draw sword, and illusion dance are maxed... they are murderous
    raging dragon level 1 only because i dont know how great it will be, it doesnt seem to scale well as you level it... but its worth 1 point if only for the mobility alone.
    -the passive awakening looks sweet, i think it will be worth the SP when i get there, and the sword dance... i doubt that skill right now, i want to get owned over and over by multiple BM's before i spend a point in there.

hmm what else can i say. do weapons suffer durability degredation in pvp? i never thought to look. if they DONT, then avoid tempered attack at all costs! if they do, then for the LOVE OF GOD GET TEMPERED ATTACK! overdrive wrecks your sword. at level 1 if i didnt fix my sword and i used overdrive once per map section, then i would have abroken sword in the second run. tempered attack will save you money, and will help avoid that situation where you get to a boss with a broken sword. but for pure pvp it all depends on if weapons degrade.

i would like to hear some input for autoguard and flip-side counter, they seem like good skills but... they also seem not so good.

and of course, wave wheel slasher still doesnt appeal to me YET. but i may be the only slayer in existance who thinks that
    shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Post  shot040 Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:46 pm

very very helpful I think I already messed up and put 60pts into bludgeon, and I guess i'm going to figure out what SST is today. Do you know of any combos?
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  killbot Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:28 pm

well, dont consider bludgeon a mess up, if you can figure out a way to "roll with it" then you will have one of those trick blademasters. if you want i can see if i can come up with a bludgeon build that LOOKS ok.

the SST for bludgeon is like swinging a baseball bat four times, kinda funny to watch. with my saber i usually run this combo:

atk atk sst sst sst up-slash [pause] ghost-slash

then there is the ole

tripple-slash x5, jump, ashe fork (with bludgeon you get a boost to this skill, so use it greatly, and if you roll with it DONT get aeriel slash or w/e its called, bludgeons cant do it in the first place)

charge crash gets a huge buff too with bludgeon, you get a down swing that im assuming creates a shockwave. i can definately see some bonuses to that one.

as far as the draw sword buff your missing out on goes.. i wouldnt worry about it. the first hit is the one that counts anyways, the second one is to knock down latecomers.

your going to be losing out on some tripple slash stuff, which means less mobility, but with your other buffs you should be able to compensate.

the only other thing i can think of is to get avatars with attack speed to offset the bludgeons slowness... but if it doesnt bother you then do whatever! i know for me i couldnt play my BM without the speed.

at least you didnt do zobanto =)
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  killbot Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:31 pm

oh yeah, bludgeon masters get a crazy ass backstep cutter that creates a shockwave. i would be interested to see how that turns out.
    shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Post  shot040 Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:14 am

Ya I like the backstep cutter with the bludgeon and the SST it's funny and cool looking. You wont approve but I think i'm going for a dual weapon master, sabre and bludgeon. Both of them have advantages and I think it's going to be nice to switch up my tactics and perhaps confuse my opponents cherry . I'm having a problem with how much damage I take though. Please tell me what kind of armors there are for BM's.
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  killbot Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:06 am

i still take a lot of heat myself... when it comes to pve you REALLY gotta stay OUT of the group unless you are slicing through it. i almost always die if i am in the middle of a pack, and unless you get an opening to tripple slash out.. yeah you die. i think as far as damage taking goes... BM isnt supposed to be hit. i know its the speed and directional changes that keep me alive for the most part, and if i cant get my opponent knocked down or in the air i generally try to run away and try again.

as far as armor goes.. im no expert. i use light armor for the STR bonus but i dont know if its really doing me any good. hit recovery and str for me, im curious if other BM use the heavy armor side of things. that might be a bludgeon or zobanto idea ya know? as far as the avatar goes (again, im no expert) i think i would try for hit recovery or evasion. since hit recovery gets stacked with light armor bonuses i think its useful in some way, but from other games i know one of the best methods is to just NOT get hit in the first place. honestly, i need help on this part as well. hit recovery avatars are generally cheap in comparison to evasion ones, so maybe while i'm poor i will stack hit recover and when im filthy rich i will stack evasion? i duno O.O i will ry hit recovery first.

i just picked up auto guard today and gave it a try, and it works well for at least pve! before i rush into a boss i pop it and then for 20 seconds i hear quite afew *PING* from the autoguard working. currently its only 25% chance, but when its maxed it gets to 45% (for now) and i bet they will cap it at 50%. i questioned its quality and now i wonder why i ever did heh. for pvp i have yet to test it out, but im guessing that it will give me the upper hand by blocking a crucial move from my opponent... but i have yet to try it.

also i decided to pick up flip side counter cause i like passive abilitys or i wanted to spend SP maybe =/ so far i've only noticed one slice... not that impressive. im going to max it for the 20% chance but i have a bad feeling about it. ahh wait i remember why i picked it up, it was for pve when i get stuck in the middle of a group and im gettin wrecked! i figure i will slice a couple before i die! and maybe it will feel more effective in pvp... i duno though, i dont recommend it just yet.

and about the dual weapon master, whatever =P there are many people who have two masterys, thus the "weapon master" phrase.if i was to go for 2 masterys i would definately do saber and bludgeon. one is quick mobil and requires finesse(spelling?) the other seems slow, controling and crude in style(i say this in a good way). honestly i might have ended up dual mastery if i didnt go with flip side counter, the SP consumption is roughly the same. you will probably be more versatile in pvp at the end of the day =) i want to see you backstep cutter someone! or at least some monster! you might make me spend some cash for a stat reset.
    shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Post  shot040 Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:25 am

lol! lol! lol!
    I'm liking my bm i'm owning pvp except I had a problem earlier I thought people were hacking when i'm actually just made of tissue paper. The dual mastery Is helping me a lot in pvp. I can go crazy with the sabre or bash the hell out of them and give them super high damage with the bludgeon it's kind of funny. Also funny to bounce them around just knowing how pissed they probably are. I bought a bunch of armor called determined ceramic it's all purple and each piece gives at least 1% to movement speed so that will help a lot. I'm going to try and get more money for an attack speed face camo and make my character god. king thanks for your help flower flower flower Twisted Evil
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  killbot Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:47 am

hey you helped me too, after thinkin about dual mastery i checked out if it was possible for me... and it was! but the only to sensible options were katana and zobanto. i tried out both and it turns out zobanto (however you damn well spell it) won the match, even after all my trash talk. i would have liked to have bludgeon... but it wasnt in the cards for me. oh well, the super long range will kick someones butt and the guard stun is pretty sexy XD i cant wait to give it a rip in pve. i think changing from a VERY slow to a VERY fast type of attack will throw some people off. also the ability to change style in pve will be refreshing. hit recovery for zanbato is disgusting though.. im gunna have to work on that.

also, doing some practice i notice flip side counter is a crazy skill! its chance is still too low for me to recommend it but if it gets better it will be a must have skill. its basically an up slash and the person it hits goes flying, which is great! but like i said.. so far its chances are too slim and i just have my fingers crossed.
    airmax65
    Elite
    Elite

Post  airmax65 Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:33 pm

replica designer bags Fashion bags
    designer inspired handbags I quite like
    air max 2012 My favorite that he
    nike shox turbo Variety of styles
    men puma shoes Believe quality of his
    air max 90 Love the shoes
    wholesale puma shoes Oh super cool