Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fighters League

+2
killbot
Siird
6 posters

Siird, The Soul Bender of Soul Benders

Siird
    Siird

Siird, The Soul Bender of Soul Benders Empty Siird, The Soul Bender of Soul Benders

Post  Siird Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:25 pm

Just thought I'd share with you guys my plans for my main.

Ghost Slash-20
    Ghost Slash Cancel
    Ghost Slash Drive-9(until cap is raised)
    Upward Slash-5
    Wave Wheel Slasher-1
    Neutral Wave Sword-1
    Kazan-5
    Moonlight Slash-18
    Lunar Curtain-5
    Hazey-Eyed Bremen-5
    Full Moonlight Slash
    Cancel Moonlight Slash
    Ghost Step-5
    Summon Ice Saya-10
    Tombstone-8
    Rhasa:Carrier of the Plague-5
    Phantasmal Slayer-6
    Summon Kalla of Dark Flame-1

That's my build as of level cap 50.

Edit to add~ I would really appreciate input from you guys.
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Siird, The Soul Bender of Soul Benders Empty Re: Siird, The Soul Bender of Soul Benders

Post  killbot Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:11 am

looks good. a few survival skills would be nice, i know i wouldnt build a slayer without:

guard lv5
    guard cancel
    tripple slash lv5
    tripple slash cancel (if its available to SB, if not, still tripple slash lv1)

adds in some mobility and whatnot. also i would do away with the wave wheel and neutral wave =/ but thats just my personal preference. i know people would die without those skills.. i need to save room on my game pad for skills that actually do stuff =)

but dont just take my word for it, i am more new to this game than you i bet... but i do love block and tripple slash on my BM

Siird, The Soul Bender of Soul Benders Empty Re: Siird, The Soul Bender of Soul Benders

Post  Guest Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:04 am

Guard and triple slash are very important moves. Also, both cancels mentioned above are available to all slayer subclasses. Get them, they are VERY important. Proper guard use prevent stun in PVP, if used for nothing else.
    Siird
    Siird

Post  Siird Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:55 pm

GuiltyFist wrote:Guard and triple slash are very important moves. Also, both cancels mentioned above are available to all slayer subclasses. Get them, they are VERY important. Proper guard use prevent stun in PVP, if used for nothing else.

I understand where you're coming from. But the reason I chose neutral wave sword was for the ability to just quickly knock down everything in front of me. I already put one into it so not much I can do about it now unfortunately.
    Adbanced
    Adbanced
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Adbanced Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:56 pm

iM A noob when it comes to slayer class. I'm actually learning from this post.
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  killbot Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:16 pm

siird skhuld me on the wave wheel slasher move. he pointed out that it makes you invincible for a second, and now i find it half useful for dungeon trash (on my new slayer).

i will NOT be getting it on my blademaster though, cause now he has enough moves that i think i would have trouble finding a situation to use it in... especially since it blasts everyone in a million directions and one of the tricks to BM (for me) is to keep the group tight and to be in front of it.

but honestly for a SB... it might be nice. ghost slash and moonlight slash probably only go so far ya know.
    Siird
    Siird

Post  Siird Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Apparently aradhighsocietys template, where I did this left me with 150 SP that I didn't notice? Weird. Well so the build as of now is technicaly unfinished. I'm sure it'll be revised a long the way
    Slim1676
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:14 am

killbot wrote:looks good. a few survival skills would be nice, i know i wouldnt build a slayer without:

guard lv5
    guard cancel
    tripple slash lv5

adds in some mobility and whatnot. also i would do away with the wave wheel and neutral wave =/ but thats just my personal preference. i know people would die without those skills.. i need to save room on my game pad for skills that actually do stuff =)

but dont just take my word for it, i am more new to this game than you i bet... but i do love block and tripple slash on my BM
    well guard only has to be lvl 3 for cancel, not 5, and if ur gonna get guard, make sure u actually use it. ive seen soo many slayers with guard or cancel guard that never use it. and cancel triple slash im not too sure about. for blade master sure, its one of his core moves cuz he doesnt have that many to begin with, but for other classes idk. i find it as more of an escape move that lets u attack at the same time.. unless u want it to be an attacking move lol but thatw what u have your other class skills for
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  killbot Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:38 am

Slim1676 wrote:
    killbot wrote:looks good. a few survival skills would be nice, i know i wouldnt build a slayer without:

guard lv5
    guard cancel
    tripple slash lv5

well guard only has to be lvl 3 for cancel, not 5, and if ur gonna get guard, make sure u actually use it. ive seen soo many slayers with guard or cancel guard that never use it. and cancel triple slash im not too sure about. for blade master sure, its one of his core moves cuz he doesnt have that many to begin with, but for other classes idk. i find it as more of an escape move that lets u attack at the same time.. unless u want it to be an attacking move lol but thatw what u have your other class skills for

i agree mostly with your comments about guard, make sure your going to use it if your going to get it. my preference is to have it at 5 as opposed to 3 simply because you go from blocking 60% to 80% of physical attack. but if your a light user, or just want it to void a knock down, then 3 will probably be sufficient.

tripple slash is a huge move for blademasters lol, it might be the reason i am biased toward having it enough for a cancel. again... my "preference" is to have the cancel for those situations when you change your mind on tactics and feel a need to move. with a slow weapon i find the recovery time after your third swing to be agonizing if you missed your target, and its times like that tht make tripple slash cancel worth the 150 sp... plus i am biased. i'll have to re-post here with updated info from my own SB on how i like the skill and all... so far (at level 18-20) i like to use it after the double moonlight to attack and position myself for an effective ghost slash. dont need cancel for that... but i hope to find a need for it eventually =)
    shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Post  shot040 Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:57 pm

mk, ghost slash cancel isn't important neither is lvl five triple slash and cancel triple slash is very useless. I only use lvl 1 guard but I can really how some people would like to have it cancel. The reason I say you probably won't need ghost slash cancel is because people usually upper slash the moonlight slash and then a bunch of other stuff but I guess you could put ghost slash in there. If you can cancel and do the ghost slash where you do the green rush attack after it that would be useful. IDK, maybe ghost slash cancel could be useful.
    Siird
    Siird

Post  Siird Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:46 pm

Ghost Slash Drive+Ghost Slash Cancel is epic. It rapes.
    Desenticus
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  Desenticus Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:34 pm

I just wanted to toss my two cents into this thread. Honestly, so far, and by looking at the skill list and seeing what does what, it seems like anything can really work, it just depends on the damages and what your play-style is. I mean, yes, in the LONG RUN some skills may be better than other skills at the moment, but in the short run, it seems like any "good" setup will work. It seems like DFO is kinda like that type of game. Not all items are the same (usually), and not all the classes and sub-classes function the same. I like this a lot, it gives a GREAT variation of play-style.
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  killbot Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:18 pm

Desenticus wrote:I just wanted to toss my two cents into this thread. Honestly, so far, and by looking at the skill list and seeing what does what, it seems like anything can really work, it just depends on the damages and what your play-style is. I mean, yes, in the LONG RUN some skills may be better than other skills at the moment, but in the short run, it seems like any "good" setup will work. It seems like DFO is kinda like that type of game. Not all items are the same (usually), and not all the classes and sub-classes function the same. I like this a lot, it gives a GREAT variation of play-style.

i completely agree. my blademaster has absolutely no need for wave wheel but some people would die without it. at the same time, i have found backstep to be hard to use and fairly useless compared to guard... if i ever put that on nexxon forum i would get flamed like crazy! also, i have ghost slash maxed, thats not a typical action by blademasters, but i find it easy to use and fairly effective in certain situations.. there is so much variation when it comes to this game that you really cant go wrong if you use the skills you have...
    Desenticus
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  Desenticus Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:33 pm

Thanks for your input Killbot, I fully agree with what you said, and you gave an excellent example of what I was trying to say, thanks. Wink
    shot040
    shot040
    Elite
    Elite

Post  shot040 Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 am

I agree with you both though I do think It's important to set yourself up for the long run other wise your going to be disappointed when you reach level 50 and have a bunch of useless skills. Wave wheel is important at least just level one because it's a good grab move that will block super armor. Definitely should have ghost slash max and the cancel since you can do the drive slash with the cancel. people say that backstep is useless but like killbot said there's something's you can't live without and I would die without backstep on any of my characters.
    killbot
    killbot
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  killbot Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:42 am

i've been takin my blademaster and my soul bender in a differant method when it comes to skills.

my BM i have a skeleton skill system and im learning through error what i would like to have more of. so basically i have the prerequisites to the big bomb skills but not a single point more (except the overly obvious ghost slash and up slash for me). this leaves me weaker than i should be, but currently im sitting on 300ish SP. every level i go in and get whatever skills i feel like getting. once i hit level 50 and im all awakened and stuff i will hold onto those skills until i feel a riteous place to put them. doing some pvp i have considered dropping in points to autoguard... but im not going to do it until i am certain i need it. at level 37 i feel comfortable with every point i've used, and i am 100% certain that they are well spent. makes for some BM love >=)

my soul bender i think i've gone in a more widely used method and planned a build and i am spending SP like crazy. this has already placed me in a situation because i have 5 sp normally. so i dont have the skills i want to get all the time (would like to level up my ghost slash a little =/) and because i am so addicted to tripple slash in my BM i got the cancel for it for this SB. now it HAS been useful, but i will never really know if i could just get away with a level 1 tripple slash. on top of that, i didnt realise how much i used ashe fork until i didnt have it. i used many tokens cause i would jump into the middle of a group, only to do nothing and get pwned lol. so my point is that i had to put my point in there and now i dont know if i can afford the SP for full moonlight when i get the level requirement... heres to hoping =)

when i level my zerker and asura im going to use the BM method. 100% peace of mind when it comes to the precious SP placement and you always have SP when you want it. plus it helps for the day you say "NO ghost slash NEEDS to be level 10 cause i use it like crazy" and then you max it from 1 to 10 and then the next dungeon your ROFLSTOMPING everyone.

thats my rant, sorry... im sure there is some sort of lesson nugget hidden away in there somewhere
    Desenticus
    Adv. Member
    Adv. Member

Post  Desenticus Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:52 am

All input is good input! Yes, classes I do believe should be somewhat, if not, pre-planned. See, crazy people like me just go for what looks like will work for me. I can't know what will work for me if I don't try it, so I just go for what I think would work for me and if nothing works for me, I save my points until I find something that I will want. It's not the best method, but as I said, it helps and works for me when I'm trying to learn by experience. So far my Slayer (soon to be Berserker) has skills that rape PVE, but kills me on the MP in the long run, but that's what skills generally do!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content