Fighters League

troxist/ 22/ Ohio

troxist

troxist/ 22/ Ohio

Post  troxist on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:56 am

Hey guys. I just started playing DFO about two weeks ago. Just saying this is really awesome. I remember playing Teenage Ninja Mutant Turtles and The Simpsons beat em up as a kid, and DFO tops them all because of the RPG elements.

I have played a little of each character, but I think I'm going to main a Fighter and a Priest.

I do martial arts in real life, so I'm naturally drawn to the Monk because his moves are those of a boxer. Don't know what I'm going to do about the Fighter. The Nen Master looks really cool, but the Grappler reminds me of Brazilian Jujitsu.

I've played MMORPGs before, and most of the PVP is really boring, just point and click, and hit a hotkey, but the PVP on DFO looks like it takes some real skill, reflexes, and timing. I've also been an officer in a guild/clan before and was in charge of picking members to go to war with, so I know the feeling of excitement of playing against other groups.

In real life, I'm 22 years old and a graduate student in Chemical Engineering. It's hard as heck, Undergraduate was literally hell because I had no free time whatsoever, so my gaming really declined from high school to college. So I'm not sure what Graduate studies hold. From what I heard, it's a lot more fun and less stressful than Undergradute, but we'll see.

KenpoX - Priest

Trexelist - Fighter
    Adbanced
    Admin
    Admin

Re: troxist/ 22/ Ohio

Post  Adbanced on Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:05 pm

What do you want to become? or where do you want to work?
    Slim1676

Post  Slim1676 on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:24 pm

sweet. congratts on ur education! yeah like adbanced, what are u aiming to be? and on a side note, yeah pvp is awesome in this game. takes real skill and ive seen times where level 40-50s have lost to like level 20s due to more skill
    troxist

Post  troxist on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:09 pm

Adbanced wrote:What do you want to become? or where do you want to work?

I was just asked that same question today by my thesis adviser. I really don't know. I'm working in Nanoparticle chemistry, which is something very new and has the most potential to lead to better things. But I'm open to whatever opportunity presents itself. I'm the first person in my family to go to college, all my family members are blue collar workers, so I feel very alone in my education experience and don't have any mentors so to speak to guide me to a field.

I really want to work in fuels and energy as society is going "Green".
    Adbanced
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Adbanced on Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:55 am

troxist wrote:
    Adbanced wrote:What do you want to become? or where do you want to work?

I was just asked that same question today by my thesis adviser. I really don't know. I'm working in Nanoparticle chemistry, which is something very new and has the most potential to lead to better things. But I'm open to whatever opportunity presents itself. I'm the first person in my family to go to college, all my family members are blue collar workers, so I feel very alone in my education experience and don't have any mentors so to speak to guide me to a field.

I really want to work in fuels and energy as society is going "Green".

research new fuel/energy? sounds rewarding but, government has those people in check.
    troxist

Post  troxist on Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:44 am

Yea, I'm working for an Air Force Base, which does scientific research. It's very intimidating, because my adviser introduced me to some stuff they were working on and most of it sounded greek. I hope that's normal for many graduate students.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:12 am